The Optimization Research Consortium (ORC) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison focuses on broad disciplines of Optimization including Economics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering and Machine Learning.
In keeping with the Wisconsin Idea, ORC’s mission is to engage with industry partners and collaborate with them to find optimal solutions for business, manufacturing and other commercial purposes. It also provides optimization students with exposure to real-world problems and solutions and serves as a networking conduit between students and industry.
Industry Partners may join the consortium. ORC member benefits include:
- Influence research directions
- Identify potential future employees through early contact with students
- And receive:
- Information on related research
- Stimulating research opportunities with in-house staff
- Opportunities to discuss research problems with faculty and students
- In addition, member companies can participate in the following: